Wednesday, June 9, 2010

grilled veggie kabobs


My mom recently emailed me a marinade recipe for grilling veggies.  I made them and they were perfection.  I also grilled some salmon to go along with them and served it all with brown wild rice.  Delish.  I think I might just use my grill every night this summer- nothing beats it!  Here is the marinade recipe (I used mushrooms, white onions, and zucchini, but you can add any veggie, really):

Veggie Kebabs
MARINADE
2 TBS Red Wine Vinegar
2 TBS Lemon Juice
3 TBS Olive Oil
1 TBS Fresh Basil, chopped
1 TBS Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 TBS, Dijon mustard
2 clove garlic, minced
salt & pepper to taste

VEGGIES
2 cups zucchini, sliced about 3/4" thick
2 cups mushrooms, halved
2 cups sweet onion, quartered & pulled into chunks 2-3 layers thick


DIRECTIONS
Mix together marinade ingredients.
Chop veggies into similar size pieces and arrange in a shallow pan, preferably in a single layer.
Pour marinade over veggies & refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
Remove veggies from marinade & thread onto 8 skewers. Place skewers on BBQ and grill about 10-15 minutes until tender, brushing occasionally with leftover marinade.
Makes eight one-skewer servings
Number of Servings: 8

Enjoy~

No comments:

Post a Comment